1. The biggest hidden secret. Ecuador is “up and coming” as a travel destination, which means it is free from mass tourism. The country is a heaven for travelers looking to discover something new and different.
2. The most amazing trip ever! Travel from Quito, the capital of Ecuador, to Otavalo, a town in the Andean highlands, and to Papallacta Hot Springs in a beautiful setting high in the hills. Take an Amazon canoe trip, visit Hakuna Matata, a treasure between the Andes and the Amazon, and then make your way to great Galápagos Islands, a volcanic archipelago in the Pacific Ocean. End with Genovesa Island, a shield volcano, and Santa Fe Island. What an itinerary!
Have a look at our summarised Ecuador trip itinerary over here, or fill in the below form and we will send you a detailed itinerary.
3. Feel like a local. Explore, experience and travel Ecuador extensively.
4. Middle of the world. Ecuador’s name originates from the equatorial line, dividing the world into two hemispheres. At 0º latitude, you can place one foot in each hemisphere!
5. With 50 ecosystems, Ecuador spans four vastly different worlds. From the endless reaches of the Amazon, to the breath-taking beauty of the Andes, the pristine stretches of coastline and the legendary Galapagos Islands.
6. Adventure travel at its best! Kayak the rapids of the Amazon rainforest.
7. Galapagos Islands. Visit a mangrove beach and see sea lions, marine iguanas, frigate birds, swallow tailed gulls and blue-footed boobies. Observe penguins, flamingos, sea turtles and the flightless cormorant, and encounter giant tortoises in the wild. You’ll have a chance to hike, snorkel, swim and kayak!
8. Salsa dancing. After exploring the town of Quito, take salsa lessons from the best
9. Rich, ancient culture. Ecuador is home to a diversity of cultures, many of which (particularly in the Andean and Amazonian regions) live much the way they did centuries ago.
10. The food. Staples include beef, pork, seafood, beans, rice, yucca, potatoes, and spicy Aji sauce. There are also exotic fruits, quinoa, and lots of fresh seafood. A favourite is shrimp ceviche.
11. Easy travelling. Daily flights from both the East and West Coast of the US, and a short 4- to 6-hour flight from Miami and New York
12. Safe and friendly. Ecuadorians are honest, warm and service-oriented people who truly enjoy welcoming foreign visitors to their country. Their friendly nature makes travellers feel safe and well looked after, as they are treated like guests rather than tourists.
Ecuador 2018: The Ultimate ‘Three-Worlds’ Experience
11 – 20 JULY 2018 | 8 – 17 AUGUST 2018
From US$ 4,736 per person sharing
Day 1 – 2: Quito
Day 3: Otavalo
Day 4: Papallacta Hot Springs
Day 5: Amazon canoe trip
Day 6: Hakuna Matata
Day 7: Galápagos Islands
Day 8: Genovesa Island
Day 9: Santa Fe Island & South Plaza
Day 10: Quito