Nepalese government has recently announced to increase the visitor VISA fee for foreigners visiting Nepal. A meeting of the Cabinet last week decided immigration regulation to increase multiple-entry tourist visa fee.
As per the provision, foreigners visiting Nepal on a 15-day multiple-entry tourist visa will have to pay US$ 30.00 per person by cash.
Those obtaining 30-day multiple-entry tourist visa will have to pay US$ 50.00 per person by cash, while those visiting Nepal on a 90-day visa will have to pay US$ 125.00 per person by cash. Other currencies are not acceptable at the immigration counters to obtain the visa.
However, travelers from SAARC countries – Bangladesh, Bhutan, the Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka – except India and Afghanistan, enjoy free multiple-entry tourist visa for 30 days and US$ 3.00 per day thereafter.
Furthermore, tourists having the Indian E-VISA and want to enter by surface to Indian territory from Nepal border are not eligible to re-enter India.
Advice for Nepal Online Visa Applicants:
In order to avoid long queues and unnecessary problems, kindly submit a complete Online Visa Application form to the Immigration Authority of Nepal in your first attempt! To do that, here are few things you need to prepare:
1. Please keep your valid passport at hand.
2. Ready a recent digital photograph (size: 1.5” x 1.5”) in your removable device to upload your photograph for the application.
3. Gather beforehand a detailed permanent residence address, and detailed address in Nepal.
4. You need to provide telephone numbers—land-line and mobile.
5. You need to provide your email address too.
6. The submitted application will remain in the system for 15 days. After 15 days, the application will be deleted automatically from the system.
7. Once the application is successfully submitted, a receipt will be sent to your email immediately.
8. Print the receipt and keep it with you as you need to produce it before the Immigration Authority.
9. For your convenience, the deadline to contact the Immigration Authority will be mentioned in the receipt.
10. The receipt also mentions about the documents you need to produce before the Immigration Authority.
11. Please contact the Immigration Authority within 15 days after the submission of application.
For example, if you submit your extension application today, and your visa is expiring the next day, on the third day if you visit the Department of Immigration, you will have to pay late fee of that day. In order to prevent this sort of hassle, please submit your extension application on time and get your visa renewed before crossing the expiry date.
12. When you contact the Immigration Authority, please make sure you have the receipt and proper documents with you including the necessary fee.
13. No on arrival visa for country list – AFG,IRQ,CMR,GHA,SOM,SWZ,PSE,ZWE,NGA,ETH,LBR
14. For more info on obtaining a VISA for Nepal, visit http://online.nepalimmigration.gov.np/
ABOUT THE OBVIOUS CHOICE:
With our well-travelled CEO, Zaritha van Wyngaardt at the helm; we offer corporates, leisure and group travellers the support to enjoy authentic travel and events in a variety of vibrant local and international destinations.
From smaller intimate gatherings to elaborate productions; our clients benefit from the dedicated attention of an efficient, close-knit team of driven and agile experts with decades of experience in the logistics of travel and event management; and an extensive established network of notable suppliers to meet any client need.
Contact us today to discuss the right event or incentive packages for your team’s needs and take your company performance to another level.