On Monday, the 24th of September, South Africans will once again be celebrating Heritage Day.
Whether you refer to it as Braai Day or Shaka Day, Heritage Day is a day where all South Africans are encouraged to celebrate their cultural heritage, different traditions and diversity of beliefs -exactly what we stand for at The Obvious Choice.
In celebration of South Africa’s Heritage Month, we are giving you the insta-version of The Obvious Choice’s history before we give you 5 fabulous reasons to explore South Africa with the Obvious Choice…
The Obvious Choice was founded by Zaritha van Wyngaardt in 1994. Since then, this niche event management company has grown into a dynamic conferencing, experiential travel, incentives and event management agency, earning its extensive experience both with the public and private sector in South Africa and abroad.
Here’s a sneak peek into our most recent event that took place on the 31st of October at the Park Hyatt, Saadiyat Island in Abu Dhabi…
Zaritha is passionate about travelling and offers corporates, leisure and F.I.T. travellers the opportunity to travel to vibrant and authentic destinations. Backed by a small team of experts and professionals, the agency prides itself in sourcing, implementing, coordinating and executing quality programmes to suit each client’s specific requirements.
Did you know that The Obvious Choice is a registered member of the following trade associations?
- Meeting Professional International (MPI)
- Site Incentive Travel (SITE)
- Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA)
- Beyond Limits
- The International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Event Organisers Network (EON)
We are excited to announce that during the month of November, The Obvious Choice will be managing a 2 day post-conference breakaway to our international visitors at the exquisite Sediba Private Game Lodge at the Welgevonden Estate in the Vaalwater District.
So, without any further delays, here are 5 reasons to explore South Africa with The Obvious Choice:
1.The Obvious Choice is a South African agency based in Johannesburg. We have extensive experience in event management and international incentives.
2. South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world. Although the country boasts 11 official languages, most South Africans prefer to communicate in English, which makes it easy for international visitors to avoid the language barrier.
3. South Africa has a wealth of conference and exhibition facilities, designed according to top international specifications. With an established track-record in hosting major international events, the Obvious Choice can provide you with the best of settings for your conference – from hotels, to beach resorts, exclusive golfing estates or game reserves. We also offer a wide range of pre- and post-conference tours (scenic, cultural, experiential and educational).
4. South Africa is extremely affordable -food, beverages, alcohol (especially) wine, accommodation and transport are relatively cheap in comparison to other countries.
5. South Africa is an ideal gateway to neighbouring countries (Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, Mozambique and Zambia) and the rest of the African continent as a whole.
Ready to add South Africa to your bucket-list of destinations? Contact us by sending Zaritha an email at email@example.com.
Liked this article?
Please share or let us know in the comments below.
Wishing you an awesome Heritage Month!
The Obvious Choice is your one-stop solution for conferences, events, incentives and experiential travel.