This is a once in a lifetime trip! Do you want to know more, or get the full itinerary? Complete the form below and we will send you all the details.
10 REASONS TO VISIT BHUTAN
1. An utterly unique travel destination. One of the best aspects of visiting Bhutan is that it’s a place hardly visited by the tourists.
2. A photographer’s dream.
3. One of the world’s most exclusive tourist destinations. This 8 night and 9 days journey begins in Paro and continues through Thimpu, Punaka, Gangtey and Bumthang. The price includes: return flights (SA-India), twin room sharing, breakfasts and dinners, arrival and departure transfers, sightseeing transport, airport taxes, etc.
4. Tiger’s Nest Monastery. 10,200 feet above Paro, hanging on a cliff is one of the most important Buddhist monasteries in Bhutan.
5. The Happiness Kingdom, the Bhutanese people are kind, open and friendly. ‘Gross National Happiness’ is Bhutan’s development philosophy that measures the quality of life based on the spiritual and mental well-being of its people.
6. Sublime mountain trekking. Bhutan’s treks will take you through physically challenging routes that include crossing high mountain passes and snow
7. ‘Adventurous dining’ cuisine. Bhutan is the only country in the world where chilli is not used as a seasoning but a vegetable! The national dish is ’ema-datshi’, which is a chilli and cheese stew served with rice.
8. Spiritual haven. Buddhism in Bhutan is not a religion; it’s a way of life. The reason why Bhutan is as peaceful as it is maybe because Buddhism is deeply engrained in the mentality of each inhabitant.
9. No takeway food. You won’t find a single McDonalds in Bhutan! A nice break from your everyday life.
10. Travel with a personal guide. Zaritha van Wyngaardt will make it her mission to show you the best of Bhutan. Zaritha is an experiential travel specialist. She and her team are backed by years of organising and accompanying incentive travel groups and events for big corporate clients.